In October of 1947, a group of 28 Episcopalians gathered to talk about starting a new mission in north Forth Worth. Saint Anne's Episcopal Mission held our first meeting on November 2, 1947. We met briefly in the Rockwood Golf Course Club House and then met in the chapel at Oakwood Cemetery for a number of years.
With 250 members, we outgrew our previous location and purchased the land and structure at 3204 Roberts Cut Off Road in Fort Worth.
As St. Anne's continued to grow, we purchased our four-acre property at 6055 Azle Avenue in 1962 for $14,000. Construction of our church building began in March of 1965, and our first worship service took place here on September 12, 1965.
To celebrate our 30-year anniversary, our Memorial Bell Tower was constructed. The three bronze bells were cast in the Netherlands.
We added our Parish Hall, kitchen, classrooms, Atrium and All Souls Chapel.
Our tracker action organ, built on North European principles, has 18 ranks, 16 stops and 14 voices.
Copyright © 2022 St. Anne's Church - All Rights Reserved.